in

As Per Latest Information Telia Estonia Teams Up with Sunly to Run 100 Mobile Solar Sites

Telia Estonia and Sunly will install 100 solar panel systems to produce renewable energy.

Sunly, a supplier of renewable energy solutions in the Baltics and Poland, will construct and manage 100 solar panel systems as of April 13 to power Telia’s 100 mobile sites in Estonia for the next 15 years. Telia’s ongoing efforts to control the environment and energy are aided by this initiative.

HIGHLIGHTS

  • To provide renewable energy, Telia Estonia and Sunly will construct 100 solar panel systems.
  • 70% of Telia’s mobile sites will be powered by the solar panel systems, with the other 30% being sold to the power grid.
  • By the end of 2024, the project will be up and running.

To enhance Telia’s environmental ambition, the business has teamed up with Sunly, a renewable energy provider with operations in the Baltics and Polan, to build 100 solar panel installations. The solar panel systems, which have a combined 1.8 MW capacity and each consist of 36 panels spanning 90 square meters, are anticipated to provide 1.8 GWh of electricity annually.

Telia’s Efforts to achieve net-zero emission.

Telia’s mobile sites will consume 70% of the energy generated, while the other 30% will be sold to the power grid. The endeavor is a component of Telia Estonia’s efforts to guarantee a renewable energy supply and advance toward the development of a circular, net-zero-emission business model.

The statement claims that Sunly’s full-service lease would allow Telia to create solar energy without having to spend money on purchasing, setting up, and maintaining the necessary gear. Tens of thousands of Telia subscribers would be able to use solar-powered mobile services thanks to this scheme this year.

In the spring of 2023, the first solar panel systems will be installed next to Telia’s mobile sites. By the end of 2024, all systems should be up and running. A third of the systems, or around 600 kW, of renewable energy capacity, will be constructed in 2023.

100% Renewable Energy usage since 2020

Since 2020, Telia Estonia has only used power produced from renewable sources, and since 2018, it has cut its own operations’ CO2 emissions by 85%. Telia is working toward a circular business model that will engage its partners, customers, and suppliers. This will be accomplished through responsible digitization.

Sites chosen by Telia Mobile powered by the sun

After weighing the environmental effect and the grid’s capacity to include solar panel systems at various places, Sunly chose which Telia mobile sites will be powered by its solar panel systems. A further important step towards realizing Telia Estonia’s environmental objectives and assuring a sustainable future is the partnership with Sunly.

What do you think?

Written by Shallu Srivastav

As Per Latest Information Telenor Has Turned Off 3G Network in Denmark

As Per Latest Information Telefonica Spain to Close All Copper Exchanges by 2024